Sunday 24 June 2012

Hackney Weekend

As you all know there was an event in Hackney, called the Hackney Weekend. They had celebrities performing, from Rita Ora to Ed Sheeran, Trey Songz to Nicki Minaj. They even had performances from DeadMau5 which I had only heard of when I actually got to the event.

We had the tiresome waiting before we actually got in to the midst of the whole thing. We had to go through the trouble of giving our tickets to the security guards about 3 times and then we had to go through a metal detector. When all that was done we got in to the main are where all the excitement was going on.

Apart from the exotic, and expensive, food stalls everything was brilliant. There were people there dancing like there was no tomorrow, all the bright colours. The walk from stage to stage was worth it to see the performers on stage, and as usual the celebrities didn't disappoint. Nicki performed many of her songs, some old some new, as did Trey, Ed and Rita. I have to admit though, as much as I love the others I have to say I enjoyed Ed the most, even though I missed most of his performance, he kept the crowd going, involving them as much as possible even getting us to compete with the other side of the crowd.

Overall, it was a great experience and I'm glad I went... Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment