Sunday 25 March 2012

New Beginnings and In With the Old??

So, I know it's been a long time since I've done a blog. I've been slacking on that front but I have made it a new years resolution. I know it's a bit late to be writing about new years resolutions now, in March, but it's still the beginning of the year and I have decided to start this year off differently. Among the few things on my list (Which is hung next to a poster of Justin Bieber) there are things like  I don't want to be one of the few college kids that open their A level/BTEC results and have the look of utter disappointment on their faces. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want that. I want to be as successful as I can and I'm still young so I guess I have a bit more time to decide. I know I want to be involved in writing and I know how much hard work it'll take. Taking part in NaNoWriMo has shown me how stressful writing can be, no matter how prepared you think you are. I did NaNoWriMo about 4 months ago and I have to say that the overall enjoyment ran off about half way through. the long days of writing had me wanting to cry and the stress of trying to get my average word count up was daunting, but pushing through made me realise that anything you put your mind to is possible and success is always in reach of those who want it bad enough. 4 months on and I'm struggling with editing. *sad face* I thought that all the hard work was over, silly me, right? I have about 3 months left to edit 3 times, and with all the coursework I get from college it's showing itself to be a hard task to complete.


Now on to other issues. I know I'm a bit late but I wanted to share my views on the whole Chris Brown and Rihanna rumour. Now we all know, vaguely, what happened all those years ago. We can't actually take sides as we weren't there that night but from what we do know many of us have decided to take Rihanna's side. Now I admit, at first I didn't want to believe that sweet voiced, nice guy, Chris Brown did that to someone but I guess evidence was against his unconvinced fans.   


When I first heard about Chris and Rihanna "getting back together" this year I was, I have to admit, against it if I'm honest. The thought of them being back together made me feel uneasy. You think that after what happened before they would know that maybe it wasn't the best thing for them in the long run, even though they might have had some feelings left.


I don't agree with violence especially when it's between the opposite sex. In most cases it's the woman who has the disadvantage and I think that's wrong. I think that given the circumstances they were both put in a very difficult situation. They are both quite influential in the media and pose as role models for many girls and boys all around the world.





2 comments:

  1. Editing is definitely harder than writing the actual novels but I think you can do it. One thing you need to learn how to do is utilize your time, think about what you did while on half term? How much of it was productive?

    I evaluate myself each day and try to sum up the amount of time I take writing and editing versus the time I spend doing laundry or waching TV. It's about constantly refining and reprioritizing the things that are important to you, and most importantly it's about ACTION! DO. DO. DO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks schelz. I know I need to get on to doing things because I procrastinate so much that I never get anything done and I need to be on the ball. Especially if I want to finish the novel. I need to just use my time properly.

    Always giving good advice. :P

    ReplyDelete